Can I Modify My Custody Agreement?

Can I Modify My Custody Agreement

After your divorce case, you may get to a place in your life where your existing custody or child support order is no longer working with the best interest of your children in mind. If you need to make a modification to an existing child custody order, working with an enforcement and modifications attorney in Houston Heights may be your best option. At Renken Law Firm, we specialize in family law. Our team has the experience and dedication you need to protect your rights and fight for the best interest of your children in enforcement and modification cases. These cases can cover a wide range of issues that include but are not limited to child custody, visitation, relocation, and financial support. Our team takes a strategic approach to every case we work with to ensure your unique needs are being met and that you are properly represented. If you are in need of a modification to your custody agreement, contact Renken Law Firm today!


Reasons For An Enforcement or Modification

Most often a modification of custody will be required in dynamics where a major change in family circumstances has occurred. This can include: a guardian’s health, relocation, loss of income that affects a custody or support arrangement, or in circumstances where one parent violates a legal agreement or order. If you are in need of an attorney for an enforcement or modification, contact Renken Law Firm. We can help you reach a solution that works for your specific case, in the most amicable way possible. Do not sacrifice the wellbeing of you or your child for an existing custody or support order that does not fit your needs.


COVID-19 and Child Support Payments

If you have lost your job or have had your pay dramatically reduced due to the pandemic, we can help you to make a modification to your child custody agreement. We understand that families all over the world are facing emotional and financial devastation as a result of COVID-19 and the lock down orders. The team at Renken Law Firm can help you find solutions for your situation, so you are not in violation of your child support agreement. Contact our team today to learn more about how we can help you modify your child custody agreement.


Affordable Divorce Attorney in Houston Heights

Renken Law Firm is here to help couples who wish to dissolve their marriage, whether that be through divorce or legal separation. We are here to help those who are ending marriages that have been contested, uncontested, or collaborative. We are fully prepared to help you navigate the specifics of your case. We proudly serve the Greater Houston area, including but not limited to Brazos County, Cypress, Fort Bend County, Galveston, Houston Heights, Houston, Humble, Katy, Kingwood, Memorial Houston, Montgomery County, Montrose, Richmond, Rosenberg, Spring, The Woodlands. All marriages are different, making each divorce equally unique with its own set of needs that must be addressed. Contact our law office to explore your options moving forward, and find out how we can help you.


Renken Law Firm, PLLC
11500 Northwest Fwy #618
Houston, TX 77092
(713) 956-6767