Enforcements Attorney

Enforcing Texas Orders

Renken Law Firm, PLLC represent clients seeking to enforce the terms of a divorce decree or custody order. You may need to seek to enforce an order when the other parent has failed to pay their court ordered child support or if you have been denied visitation with your child.  We have extensive experience with both seeking relief for these types of issues and also defending against these types of cases.  Having an experienced lawyer who has handled both sides of the issue provides you a unique attorney who can reasonably anticipate what the other side may attempt to do.  If the non-custodial parent refuses to pay court ordered child support  or you have been denied visitation, contact us.  If you have been accused of nonpayment or denying the opposing party visitation, a possible contempt outcome is jail time. Do not go to court alone, contact Renken Law Firm, PLLC. 


Enforcement for Delinquent Child Support

Child support arrearages not only can lead to wage garnishment, property liens and loss of tax refunds, they can also result in loss of your license to drive, fish, hunt, sell real estate, teach or practice medicine. Whether your problem involves modification or enforcement of family law rights, our lawyers can advise and represent you. 


Enforcement / Contempt of Court Actions

When a parent refuses to honor visitation orders, fails to pay child support or fails to comply with other court orders, the parent is in contempt of court. In most circumstances, it is important that a child is supported by and has meaningful relationships with both parents. That is why it is so important to follow custody, visitation and support arrangements. Failure to do so can jeopardize the child’s well being. If a parent willfully and recklessly avoided complying with orders when it was feasible to do so, the parent may be charged criminally with contempt and could face potential jail time, fines and other consequences. Our attorneys help clients pursue court orders of enforcement.  We also defend against actions where enforcement or contempt cases are brought against you unjustly or for spite.  


Child Support Enforcement Actions

If you are facing a child support enforcement action initiated by the Attorney General, Renken Law Firm, PLLC can answer the complaint and try to transfer your case to family court, where your options for a realistic payment plan will be somewhat broader. If you are the parent trying to enforce the terms of a divorce or paternity child support order, we can help ensure that your right to payment is brought current as quickly as possible.

Honors and Awards

Houston's Top Lawyers 2021-2022 24pt Book Antiqua
2021 Readers' Choice Awards

Latest Testimonials

Case Evaluation